Yesterday was my Grandma's birthday.
I'm going to refrain from stating her age because she may get upset with me (wink)when she reads this, as she doesn't like all of the attention.
She looks fantastic and you'd never guess anyway.
So what did she do to celebrate this birthday milestone?
She took a ride on a Harley!
In honor of her birthday, I've decided to list my top 10 favorite things about her.
10) Family is, and always has been priority. She and Grandpa were so involved in all of our activities then and now.
9) She volunteers her time to help others.
8) She golfs (and tried to teach me many years ago-wish I would have paid attention).
7) She's competitive and stubborn (both strong family traits that are well-suited for game nights)
6) Hot fudge sundaes, homemade pizza, butter cookies, and buckeyes!
5) All of my memories from spending days & nights at her house growing up (swimming, gardening, cards, playing with Tara's barbies, watching cars go by on CR 8, walking to Krider Gardens, the list goes on and on)
4) Traditions (Easter egg hunts, Pumpkin farm trips, nativity plays at Christmas, Cubs games just to name a few)
3) She loves the Cubs (even after all of these years of waiting and wishing).
2) I love to watch her love on my kids. They call her G.G.
1) I admire her for the way she has lived her life and raised her family with Christ at the center.
Hope you had a fun birthday yesterday Grandma! Glad we could celebrate with you.


3 comments:
Happy Birthday Grandma Kindy!!!!
what an awesome tribute jilly!
love
susie
Love this post Jill....my grandma also loved the Cubs and I will always have a special place in my heart for them because of her!
LOVE the Harley ride!! It made me laugh out loud!
J
Post a Comment