Double J and Double A

Live your life with arms wide open. This is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten. ~Natasha Bedingfield

8.20.2009

Kindergarten

And you're off...

You got on the school bus for the first time this morning and as the bus drove away, I had tears in my eyes.

You were confident and anxious. It helped that 5 others from the street got on at the same time (3 in your class).



In a few minutes you'll be settling down in your class getting ready for the day. I can't help but be nervous that you will get to all the places that you are supposed to go today without any trouble. The teachers assured us yesterday at Orientation that they've never lost a child. The system works, but this is my first experience, so forgive me if I'm a little nervous for the first few days. I'll probably tell you 100 times to follow the teacher and listen with open ears. Just bear with me, I'm your Mama, so you'll hear that a lot from me.

We've taught you about how to be a well behaved young lady, but now you're on your own. I'm so anxious to hear how the first day goes and to watch you develop over this next year.



Enjoy your first whole day! The hours can't go fast enough until I get to pick you up and hear all about it.

I love you,

Mommy

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I can't wait to hear how much she LOVES it!!! You are such a great mom Jill.

Stefanie said...

So sweet Jill! So she goes all day?

Krissy said...

Our big day is tomorrow...sniff, sniff!! I'm sure Avery had a great time, as will Emilee, but it is such a HUGE milestone!!