For the second Saturday in a row, Jon and I had a date with the Purdue Football team. And for the second Saturday in a row, Purdue lost, but we won't dwell on that!
Last weekend we were at Notre Dame, but yesterday we made it back to West Lafayette to watch the Boilers at home.
I love being on the campus during the fall. It brings back such great memories. All the way back to childhood, when my parents (both alumni) took my brother (also an alum)and I to Slater Hill to watch the band play prior to the football game and as recently as last year when I met all of my former roomates for a pre-game tailgate in the parking lot at Purdue West.
It's hard to believe that we were students there 10-14 years ago. We parked the car and walked hand in hand through Chauncey towards the Union passing all of the breakfast clubbers and snickering a bit. We've come so far since those days!
We walked past the fountain and over to Slater Hill and watched the band march into the stadium. It was a beautiful day for a game and it was a wonderful day with my hubby!


2 comments:
How fun! Wish we could have joined you!!! Love the pics!
We miss Purdue campus too. Wondering if our carving is still in our tree at Hort. Park. Glad you two had a good time!
Post a Comment