It's that time of year again.
Lately as I've been driving into work, I approach cars being driven carefully (IE: slower than the speed limit, always mindful of turn signals, stopping 20 feet before the stoplight, etc). Then as I get closer to the car, I understand...it's Driver's Ed.
I remember those days. 17 Years Ago. I didn't get a waiver and the other two in my car did...hmm, what does that mean? I remember my Driver's Ed teacher telling me that I hugged the middle line too much. I had to be reminded to keep my hands at 10 and 2. I would throw my whole body around to see what was behind me rather than using my mirrors. Parallel parking..well, lets not even go there.
Well, now that I've been driving longer than the age that I was when I took drivers ed, I have surely improved. No speeding tickets, warnings, or accidents in the last 10 years.
I think having children makes me a better driver.
Every time I pass one of those student drivers, I smile. They've got a long road (pun intended) ahead of them.
6.19.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment