Double J and Double A

Live your life with arms wide open. This is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten. ~Natasha Bedingfield

5.30.2008

Vacation at Home




A few times a year, I take a week off of work and stay home with the kids. I get the opportuntity to do normal things with them that I miss each day while I'm working.

We've had lazy mornings in our jammies watching cartoons; a trip to the park to play; errands during the day when the stores aren't jam packed; Avery loves running out to get the mail right after the mailman has dropped it off; planning what to have for dinner prior to 6pm and not rushing to get it done; walks; picnics out on the deck; coloring on the family room floor; etc.
Monday will be a tough day. It's always hard dropping them off at their school when they've been out of school for an extended period of time. Austin also starts in a new class on Monday with the Two's.
It's been a great week. The next vacation can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

You are such a good mommy Jill, and a wonderful example to your children of what a working mommy is. You balance everything so wonderfully, and your children know how much you love them!

Jamie

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Austin!!!! Give him a big hug from Aunt Stacey!!! Love you guys!