Double J and Double A

Live your life with arms wide open. This is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten. ~Natasha Bedingfield

11.10.2006

Family Pictures

Looking through albums of days gone by it is so wonderful to look at all of the family pictures that have been professionally taken. I have a large album of all of my own pictures from when I was growing up. Somehow they usually turn out pretty good. I'm sure my Mom would have stories to tell about each of those pictures.
When I look at the pictures of my kids, it reminds me of the story/events leading up to and the moments during the actual picture taking session. The time when Avery was sleeping and we had to take all of her clothes off just to wake her up.....learning to wear a bib during the drive to the studio so when the baby spits up all over the place it doesn't ruin the outfit.....the time when she was so sick that she could barely keep her eyes open for the pictures....the time when we actually walked out of the studio because someone wasn't cooperating....the bribing with Starbucks chocolate milk for a good smile....learning to request a favorite photographer, because really that makes all the difference.....timing it just right so that everyone is smiling at the same time.
Every picture tells a story. I'm sure we'll have a story to tell tomorrow when we attempt to take our first family portrait since Austin's arrival. We'll cross our fingers and I'm sure we'll walk out with a memorable story.

3 comments:

Mom of Double A said...

Update:
We arrived for our pictures on Saturday and sure enough....the photographer that we had specifically requested was SICK. So we had to be entertained by the photographer that I walked out on a few months ago after a not-so-pleasant experience. Good grief. We ordered some pictures, but I think they could have been much better.

Kris said...

Is Heather the one you requested? I really liked her when she was at Penneys. I plan to take Andrew to Target in December and I hope I can get her!!

Mom of Double A said...

Yes, I had requested Heather.
She typically works on Saturdays, but I would request earlier in the day...it was crazy busy the day we were there.
Or you could certainly go during the week when it should be less busy.
Good Luck!