Double J and Double A

Live your life with arms wide open. This is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten. ~Natasha Bedingfield

11.06.2006

Braggin' on Dad

This past weekend, my Dad was inducted into the County Sports Hall of Fame at a wonderful banquet honoring the superb athletes from our area. He was honored for his athletic ability in Basketball among other sports. Not only was he a county scoring champion during his high school days, but also made his mark at the collegiate level at Indiana State University, and then provided great leadership as a coach for many years.
I've always thought of my Dad as invincible (in‧vin‧ci‧ble–adjective 1. incapable of being conquered, defeated, or subdued). As an adoring young daughter I thought my Dad was the greatest. I still do. He has set a wonderful example: a team player, a leader, strong willed, compassionate, filled with God's grace, devoted husband and father, and outgoing-he's never met a stranger. He has conquered much and I'm so proud of him.
It was great to be there Saturday night where some (not nearly all) of his accomplishments were celebrated.
We love you Dad!

No comments: