Well, this year it started with white stuff flying around inside our house....in the bathroom to be exact.
I don't know about any of you, but bathtime is one of the most stressful parts of my day. It really should be a calm, warm way to end the day. But for some reason in our house, it just gets us all riled up again. It could be that I put too many bubbles in the bath, or that I get a little panicky when water starts splashing my walls, or that my 5 year old and 2 year old still take baths together (2 on 1 isn't easy when there is water involved). Last night I was about 15 pages into my new Parents Magazine, when all of a sudden I have a puddle of water in my lap and my magazine is soaked. I look towards the bathtub and little man is standing there with a Princess tea cup in his hand. Interestingly enough, I was just starting to read an article about "Yellibacy" (a mother who vowed to stop yelling at her children). Thank you, God, for that subtle reminder.
Meanwhile, outside our house, there is white stuff all over the place in the form of white fluffy snow. We've broken out all of the winter gear this week...snow pants, boots, hats, scarves, etc. The kids are excited for now. We'll see if they are still excited in March!
All I'm going to say is that the weather forecast for next Friday in Orlando, FL is a high of 73 degrees and sunny!


No comments:
Post a Comment