Right now, the economy isn't so great...people aren't traveling as much...companies are cutting back on their spending...families aren't vacationing like they used to.
Three of my hotels are actually performing exceptionally well this year! They are on their way to record setting numbers, hotel of the year awards, etc.
Then it started raining:


And raining, and raining, and more raining. The river crested and now our parking lot looks a lot like Lake Michigan.
The city mandated that the hotels be evacuated, the power shut off, associates sent home. This is not good for Guest Satisfaction Scores or Revenue Generation.
Hopefully the sun will be shining brightly in the very near future!
**Update-many have asked about the whereabouts of these hotels. They are located in Hammond, IN (Northwest IN) and are in no better condition 3 days later-we're hoping to be able to get back in by early next week. What a mess**


7 comments:
OH NO!! My mom had mentioned all of the insane amounts of rain this past weekend. So so sorry!
Here is hoping for the sun to shine and the water to soak in quickly!
And congrats on your hotels doing so awesome!
Oh, Jill... that's too bad. Well, I hope the damage is minimal and things are back to normal quickly.
Oh how horrible! We got a ton of rain here also. I know a couple people that had flooded basements ect. I don't think I have ever seen that much rain like we had over the weekend.
Yikes Jilly! Where is this? That is horrible! Glad the rain has stopped.
Oh Jill!!! I'll be thinking of you!!!
I watched about the flooding on the news. How awful. I hope things get turned around quickly.
Wow! Did you take those pictures? My goodness! It reminds me of the flood in my hometown in '97. We'll pray for more sunshine to come your way.
Post a Comment