
I love this time of year!
I remember on fall Saturday mornings being awakened to the sound of the Boilermaker Special coming down Northwestern Avenue blowing it's horn.
I remember many tailgates on Slater Hill over the last 20 years listening to the band's pre-game show.
I can recite the "I AM AN AMERICAN" speech played in Ross Aide Stadium before every home football game.
I love the atmosphere surrounding College Football.
Team pride, fall weather, tailgating, fight songs, the band, the team running out onto the field...
Tomorrow, the Boilers kick off their first game of the season.
Our flag will be flying. BOILER UP!!


5 comments:
In our house we love this time of year also.....even though we cheer on a different team.:)
I love it too!!! Great memories of our college days for me!!!
Jill, that is a GREAT picture of all of you. You should have it framed in a Purdue frame somewhere in your house....don't tell my husband I used the "P" word!!! Ha!! Love and miss ya!
Jamie
What a fabulous picture of the four of you!! Can you believe there is not one peice of Boiler clothing for either of our kids, and the only thing I still have is one sweatshirt that is literally hanging together by a thread.
We are pathetic. I guess since we moved away there isn't any where to buy that stuff, and I spent almost every football saturday cheering for my #90 at Wabash. Gl Little Giants and Boilers, even though rarely do we get to watch either of them play anymore.
Ok, now that I am sad! GO PURDUE!
Jill -- How can you do that to your kids? Those PU outfits could ruin them for life!
I stumbled on your blog from Sarah Steiner's. It's good to see you, if only in cyberspace.
Greg
Post a Comment