Double J and Double A

Live your life with arms wide open. This is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten. ~Natasha Bedingfield

8.15.2008

Morning Phone Call

Jealousy is not a desirable trait. The Bible tells us not to covet what others have. I'm trying really hard!

Moments ago, I received a phone call from Beijing, China. I heard the crowd in the background, the excitement in his voice. They are at the Olympics! Watching Beach Volleyball, no less. Right now!

He had to talk quick...international calls on a cell phone probably aren't cheap, and I could barely hear over all the noise. Near the end, he asked "How are you guys doing?". What a good brother!

I said, "we're a normal family enjoying summer in the Midwest...now go buy some really expensive tickets to watch Michael Phelps make history!".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool!! Wouldn't that be so neat? The things they will be able to tell their kids someday.

Stacey said...

Wow, I think a little jealousy is ok in this case! (Smile) Thanks for calling last night Jilly! Miss you bunches!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Jill!!! Think of it THIS way...not every person on this earth gets to HEAR the Olympics first hand like YOU did!!!!!

J

Susie said...

Kevin has had some life experiences that not many people in this world ever will. Very cool that he was there for the Olympics! We are watching ALOT of the events on TV.

love ya
susie