This year, I've become obsessed with the TV show Jon & Kate Plus 8. Big thanks to Heather for turning me onto it.
Every Monday night, Avery and I watch the show together. It makes my life with two kids seem so simple. After watching what they accomplish together, I'm certain we can do anything with our family of four. For example, we're headed to Disney in December and are strongly considering driving the 20 hours. Well, if the Gosselins did it with 8 kids, I'm sure we can handle it with our two.
I like the family even better after reading their website. Although the TLC show doesn't really discuss this, it sounds like they are strong Christians with an undeniable faith in God.
I know that there are days when I feel like I am yelling all day, but boy does Kate really get on Jon! I wonder what she thinks if she watches the shows.
I love that they don't let the size of their family keep them from doing family activities, going to museums, waterparks, vacations, etc. Granted, I'm sure they don't have to cover the cost of much of it due to the hit TV show. But they get out and do fun things together.
I just enjoy how normal they are, even though their life has been on tv for the world to see for the last 4 years.
If you haven't seen it...check it out on TLC, Mondays at 9pm EST(yes, Avery is still awake at 9pm)
8.21.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh I love this show and have been watching it for a couple seasons now! You are right it makes life with 2 kids seem like a breeze! Ethan likes to watch it with me also, I think he just likes all the kids!!! He usually falls asleep before or during the show so I just DVR it and let him watch it the next day. I think Kate gets snippy bc she likes everything in order and yes she tends to take it out on Jon. I am curious you said they have their own website not related to TLC? Let me know what it is.
Stef
Nevermind all I had to do was click on the link to get the website!!!
There are so many articles online ranting about Kate's attitude towards Jon claiming the show should be taken off the air.
One stated:
"They are cashing in on the circus that is Kate's OCD and tendencies towards verbal abuse towards her husband and many viewers find this unacceptable."
There are always critics, but some are a little harsh if you ask me. However, the Toys R Us incident was horrible. How embarrassing!
I absolutely love the show and miss watching it every Monday night. Adorable little Avery definitely takes after her Uncle Kevin as they are both night owls! Give the kids a hug for us! Love you!
I enjoyed this show for quite a while too...then I just got sick of how Kate treated Jon. There is actually a website and the writer claims to be Aunt Jody's sister (Aunt Jody is the aunt with the red hair on the show - she even shows pictures of the two of them together). It's pretty interesting. BUT, all that aside I think the children are just too cute and I could just eat Aiden up! Love him!
Jamie
Post a Comment