This time we used transparent apples, which I definitely prefer. I love the wonderful aroma it makes throughout the kitchen and I love to be able to go to my freezer whenever I'm in the mood for applesauce!
The apples before (a few days before they were ready)
Jon getting into the action.
Avery is our little helper.
Before and After
Ready to go to the freezer. These containers have been around awhile. I remember coming home from college for a weekend or something and taking back frozen applesauce or strawberry jam.
When I was little, my cousins and I were known as the Applesauce Kids...we loved it and couldn't get enough. The way I go through applesauce, this batch will probably last me until Labor Day! :)


2 comments:
Fun Jill! You look so pretty! I have lots of memories too of making applesauce with my mom. AND I remember eating it at your hosue when we were littl!!!!
Miss you!
How fun Jill!!! Looks like GREAT family memories for Avery especially!
J
Post a Comment