


This weekend, our kitchen took a beating!
Saturday night, Mom and Dad came over with a truck full of apples. What kind? Not sure...no one's quite sure what kind they are. We spent several hours making APPLESAUCE! Yum-O!
I can probably count on both hands, the number of times I have actually purchased applesauce at the store. I was raised on homemade, sweetened applesauce and that's just what I prefer. We had a pretty efficient system going..washing and cutting the apples, we had 4 pots going on the stove cooking the apples, mashing them in the processor, and then adding sugar and vanilla and putting them in bowls to freeze. In between all of that, we were feeding the baby, and entertaining the toddler. Sometimes she was entertaining us as well. This batch should last us well into next summer or fall.
So by midnight, the kitchen was cleaned up and all the pots and pans washed. But Sunday night, we were messy again. Pumpkin carving. We chose two of our pumpkins to carve and light with candles. At first Avery wasn't thrilled about putting her hand in the sticky mess, but by the end of the project, she was having a great time. We're going to try to toast the pumpkin seeds tonight to see how they taste. It was a great weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment