Double J and Double A

Live your life with arms wide open. This is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten. ~Natasha Bedingfield

10.25.2006

Power Struggles.......With a 3 Year Old


Well, you know that they say the Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree. Having children sometimes makes you more aware of your behaviors towards your own parents. If I haven't said "I'm Sorry" lately to my parents for many of the times when I was stubborn and unwilling....then "I'm Sorry" again.

My daughter....looking sweet and innocent in the picture to the left.....can be very stubborn. I think I know where she gets it. The last few mornings have been very interesting. After praying for more patience for myself, I've decided that tomorrow if she really doesn't want to change out of her pajamas then she will just go to school in them. And if she wants to open her own banana while splattering smashed pieces all over the kitchen, that's fine. Everything's washable, right?!

Choose your battles. Life is never perfect and each opportunity makes us stronger in some way.

No comments: