Double J and Double A

Live your life with arms wide open. This is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten. ~Natasha Bedingfield

2.20.2010

Pop Culture!?!

Just now I overheard Avery playing with her Barbies.

One little Kelly doll was talking to another Kelly doll and said this:

"Sometimes I live with my Dad and sometimes I live with my Mom. But I like living with my Dad because he has a DS (as in Nintendo)."

So I stepped in and said:

"Avery, we all live together - why are you pretending that this little girls' Mommy and Daddy live apart?"

She responded:

"Well, Jon and Kate don't live together anymore."

Oh Boy! If you think they are not listening to the TV.....they ARE!

I remember a story that my Mom used to tell me about a time when she was not feeling well and she was lying on the floor. I believe I was four, but I was concerned for her and asked what was wrong. She told me that she was sick. I said, "that's okay Mom, Steve was sick too and he's all better now". Steve was a main character on the soap opera that she watched. I don't think she watched another episode after that comment.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Oh Jilly!!!

too funny but at the same time not funny! I just read an article about all the things our little ones hear not only from tv but from our cell phone conversations while we are driving. EEECCCKKK! So every since then I have watched what I say because who knows when they are listening and when they aren't!

love you girl
susie