Yes, I know that my children should have been well on their way to
sleepytown...but we had important learning to do.
This is the solar system. Okay, it's my improv explanation of the solar system at 9:30pm with the materials available in a 3 year old boy's room.
Last night as we were putting the kids to bed, Avery and Austin were looking at the moon and started asking some questions. How far is the moon? Where does the moon go during the day?
So what I thought would be a very quick visual explanation, turned into full fledged internet research.
Can you remember the names of the the 8 planets in order? (M,V,E,M,J,S,U,N---notice the phrase on the title of the post to help me remember)
Did you know that Pluto is no longer considered a major planet? As of 2006, it is considered a dwarf planet.
How long does it take for the earth to orbit the sun? I thought a year, but second guessed myself and when we looked it up...I was right. I did learn something in science class.
We found a great website for kids in case you also have kids that like to stall bedtime by asking lots and lots of questions.


2 comments:
JILL
what good parents you guys are! gotta love the internet!
susie
hey, I just re-read this post and noticed that you said "sleepytown" ,
that is a mom-ism I use quite often! Too funny! I do believe it was from Purdue days and taking daytime naps!?!?!!? what a life we had!!!!
love you
Post a Comment