Just over a week ago, Jon completed his 8th 13.1 mile run. This year he was plagued with a bulging disc in his back, so he wasn't able to run as much as he would have liked, but he completed it and I'm so proud of him!
He was joined this year by my Uncle Mike and Cousin Andy. I, personally, have walked the mini-marathon four times, but now enjoy watching all of the action from the sidelines with the kiddos.
35,000 participants and their spectators take over the downtown area and it's amazing what sort of planning must go into this event. I thought I'd share some of the sights that we saw on that Saturday morning.
There is a good chance that if you drink a lot of Gatorade...
and eat several bananas...
You may just need to find one of these along the way!
With our cow bells in hand, we waited to see if we could catch of glimpse of Daddy as he ran past, but we must have missed him since he was running so fast :) The kids and I spent time at the hotel having a wonderful breakfast and swimming in the pool while we waited for Daddy to finish.
The other exciting thing that we get to do on that first weekend in May every year is celebrate birthdays!!
We were able to get together with our very good friends and celebrate 5 birthdays! Brad, Stacey, & I all have the same birthday and Kerri's is just one week before. Brad & Stacey's Dad was also in town and had a birthday within that week, too.
Our kids enjoyed playing together and the adults had a great time visiting with each other as well. As we drive home every year, we talk about how much fun we would all have if we lived closer together and Jon is usually on the computer looking for our next house by the end of the night.
Another successful mini-weekend and we're already looking forward to next year. Jon says next year will be his best time ever and that the training starts next week (Ha-that's a joke, he says that every year!)


1 comment:
yeah Jilly! I just saw your post! Please move here! :) love and miss you! (I SO miss your blog posts!!!!)
Post a Comment