Double J and Double A

Live your life with arms wide open. This is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten. ~Natasha Bedingfield

1.15.2009

Food Drop 2009




Each year, our church (via the Christmas Offering) buys semi-trucks filled with boxes of food and personal care items from Feed the Children.

The boxes go out to several local food banks and neighborhoods in the city where we live. It's awesome to see our money going to local people that need help so badly, especially during these trying times.

We've always given to our Christmas offering, but haven't participated in the actual Food Drop festivities.

Last Saturday morning, Avery and I bundled up and headed to church to help load the trucks. What an awesome ministry! It was freezing out and the snow was flying, but nearly 2,000 people showed up to volunteer.

We stood in lines and passed boxes person by person, unloading 4 semi trailers into 12 smaller trucks that were headed out into the community.

I'm so glad that Avery and I were able to experience it together. I'm hoping that it will be something that we continue every year going forward.

1 comment:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

How awesome that you included Avery in this. It's such a great time for her to learn the importance of giving. Such a good mama you are!

J