
With Christmas being just one week away, I think that it is so important to remember the true meaning of Christmas. His story, His birth. It is so easy to get caught up in the commercial celebration of the holiday season. Sometimes it even feels that pop culture is working against us as we try to teach our young children about the first Christmas.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the classics like Rudolph, the Grinch, and Charlie Brown. I love to decorate our home, enjoy driving through a particular subdivision in our town that has a decorating contest each year, and love sitting by the tree at night looking at the twinkling lights. I also love to see the expressions on the faces of those on the receiving end and I'll admit its pretty cool to receive something that may have been on your own wishlist.
However, the things that I remember most about the holidays are gatherings with friends and family, the pictures taken, the smiles on faces, and the stories we all share from year to year. I hope that each of you find time to embrace the real reason for the season and take time to make memories with your loved ones. Memories that will be treasured and remembered for years to come.


1 comment:
I agree Jilly! love and miss you!
Post a Comment