
Oh dearest Jet Ski,
Another ride there will never be.
Late summer of 2002 our relationship began.
For a long while, now, I've been your only fan.
Rides around the island,
Waving to those on land.
The splashing water on my face.
It was fun to pretend to be in a race.
Speeding fast around the lake.
Lots of turns and twirls we did make.
A few brave riders went along for the ride.
But more than not, it was me by your side.
I will miss you my friend.
But less stress in the end.
No more batteries, spark plug, or cylinder trouble.
No more headaches when we're seeing double.
Someday I'll buy a new jet ski.
When I win the lottery.
Until then, I'll always have the memories,
we shared together riding in the breeze!


4 comments:
Oh Jill! Did you have a ceremony? That is sad for you. Speaking of ceremony, remember Beta?
Love the creative poetry!!
Thanks for putting a smile on my face! You're too funny!!
J
You're hilarious! Your little bro and I gave it a few good whips. I think you're right about less stress though...for you and Dad. :-)
Post a Comment