Double J and Double A

Live your life with arms wide open. This is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten. ~Natasha Bedingfield

7.13.2008

Fields of Lavender

Yesterday, my friend Carey and I went on a girls outing.

We first drove to Michigan to a lavender farm. The wonderful scent of lavender surrounded us as soon as we stepped out of the car. We spent about a half hour collecting our bundles of lavender. For $5, we could select as much as would fit into a twisty-tie. They also had recipes, oils, and lotions on hand that we could purchase if we desired. We even had the chance to sample some Lavender iced tea.




On the way home, we took a leisurely drive and stopped at every antique mall along the way. I've never been "antiquing" before, but enjoyed looking at all of the unique finds and pieces of furniture.

It was a nice afternoon. Thanks to our hubbies for playing with the kids all afternoon while we were out enjoying the day.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

What a fun day for you girls! You deserve it! Can't wait to hear what you do with the lavendar.

Miss you!

Sarah said...

I love lavender!! This sounds like a great place to go. Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

So happy you had a fun day Jill! Miss you!!!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

I had such a nice time Jill. Next year I think the girls would really like to go and pick...